An estimated 35% of municipal waste is food (equivalent to 2.675 million tonnes of waste), an average of 354kg of food waste per household...
Councils know that waste represents money – the cost of transporting and processing – that could be spent on more productive things. Wormlovers work with councils to dramatically reduce those figures. We provide a wide range of services from supplying worm farm starter packs direct to residents, right through to installing and maintaining high volume worm farm systems at council premises.
Wormlovers can –
• Deliver products direct to your residents
• Supply bulk product to council
• Provide online training and face to face workshops for residents and staff
• Design, install and service organic waste processing systems
• Implement a coupon systems for residents to receive council approved discounts on sustainable products
• Carry out post-initiative surveys to assess waste processed and KPI’s
• Provide council with a carbon offset mechanism.
Organic waste can be processed on-site at council depots and municipal buildings. Wormlovers will audit your needs, and install a fully scalable Hungry Bin worm farm system to integrate with the waste stream in your organisation.
If you are not equipped to maintain worm farms within your current structure, the Wormlovers service agreement model will keep your worm farms healthy and productive.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss the needs of your LGA.